jeudi, mars 30, 2006

No disrespect to the man I love



Last year at this time
I looked up to the sound of loud pipes
Harley sounding pipes
What I saw
was passionate purple

Same vivid shade of paint
my dad painted his '55 Harley with the bored pipes

Passionate purple
loud pipes
buff rider

As luck would have it I was heading his way

We met at the stoplight
and I mouthed

Nice bike

I overlooked that it was a Honda not a Harley

The color, the sight and sound
over-ruled my preference

He mouthed back

Thanks
and
took off

All summer long

I heard him
and
his bike
go by my house

My sister
riding a scooter
met him at every
stoplight in town


She knows
he lives 10 miles
up the road

He talked to her

It's getting to be that time of year again
soon
I'll hear him zooming
past my house

Hmmmmmm

2 Comments:

Blogger Mone said...

Outsch!!

mardi, avril 04, 2006  
Blogger Jozee said...

Bikes go by all day long but somehow when I happen to look up it's glimpses of him I catch.

He flirts with my sister not me.

mardi, avril 04, 2006  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home